Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Memory



You guys all know how much I love the hand photos, but these two are extra special to me. Last week, I flew up to see my grandmother in the hospital. My only hope was to give her the rosary my husband had gotten in St Augustine, and had blessed, and get photographs of her hand, my fathers hand, and mine, three generations. By the time I got there, she had slipped into a coma. She woke up only briefly during my trip and said my name. It seems so silly, pictures of her hand with mine, but in its simplicity you see three generations of Wagner's, three generations of love. I was lucky to see her one last time, she passed away at 5:53 yesterday, in the comfort of my Dad and Shelly's home. She lived to 85, would have been 86 on February 5th. I cant help but think of all the changes she saw in those 85 years!

Thank you to all of my wonderful clients and for friends for your prayers and thoughts over the last two weeks. Days like this remind me how precious life and memories are, and even more, how important you guys all are! Take a moment and be thankful for today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not silly at all - it's the meaning behind it you'll treasure forever. I am so sorry for your loss sweetie.